Sigil Harvesting Info on 03/01/2019 11:24 PM CST
Links-arrows 1
Reply Reply
Alright folks, so I’m going to explain a bit about each system in depth. Sigil harvesting is a room based system like the other harvesting mechanics. Each room will contain a primary and secondary sigil determined by its mana concentration, urban level and season. There is no innate randomness to the system, and PERCEIVE SIGIL DISTORT will allow you some control (particularly if you are a Ranger and don’t wish to go into town).

Unlike traditional materials, Sigils do not have a rarity. Instead, they have a clarity (quality) and precision (hardness) that determine how well an enchantment turns out. PERCEIVE SIGIL IMPROVE allows you to play a small minigame in hopes of improving a sigil’s stats prior to scribing it. Though for some this may prove too cumbersome, so you’ll still occasionally crit high quality/precise sigils just out of nowhere. And sigils allow you to scribe them multiple times to keep the grind down a bit. Finally, sigil books let you store and filter your sigils to keep inventory counts manageable.

Technique bonuses and the PERCEIVE SIGIL BONUS and DANGER commands are currently turned off to capture some base statistics. Those will get turned on once I have a feel for how things are working and should make your IMPROVE efforts twice as effective.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Reply Reply
Re: Sigil Harvesting Info on 10/14/2019 08:52 PM CDT
Links-arrows 2
Reply Reply
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Lore/Enchanting%20Skill/view/2384

03/02/2019 12:24 AM EST

>Technique bonuses and the PERCEIVE SIGIL BONUS and DANGER commands are currently turned off to capture some base statistics. Those will get turned on once I have a feel for how things are working and should make your IMPROVE efforts twice as effective.

It's been over 7 months. Are you planning on turning these on? How much data do you really need? Or did you turn them on and forget to tell anyone?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Reply Reply
Re: Sigil Harvesting Info on 10/14/2019 09:09 PM CDT
Links-arrows 3
Reply Reply
I second this request. Please consider turning on the techs.
Reply Reply
Re: Sigil Harvesting Info on 10/14/2019 09:22 PM CDT
Links-arrows 4
Reply Reply

Thirded. Is that a word?
Reply Reply
Re: Sigil Harvesting Info on 11/18/2019 09:46 PM CST
Links-arrows 5
Reply Reply

Going to Necro this and bump it again in hopes of getting techs turned on.
Reply Reply